- Application Terms and Policies
- Website Terms and Policies
4. Finnora Oy provides a right to use the Crowdsorsa application to the user and enables the user to earn money by collecting or placing virtual objects in the map interface of the application. The objects are collected and placed by recording video or taking photos with the application. Finnora Oy guarantees to pay the user for the objects if the associated video or photo meets the guidelines and quality standards presented in the application and the files are uploaded within 5 days of recording.
5. The mission description presenting the guidelines and quality standards can be found in the application. If the guidelines and quality standards are not met in the video or photo uploaded by the user, Finnora Oy will reject the video or photo and allow the data to be collected again by any user of the application. The user will be paid for each object they collect or place if the whole video or set of photos meets the guidelines and quality standards and the user has provided the required payment information when making a payment request through their user profile in the application.
6. The users of the application are required to enter the following personal information to their user account: first name, last name, email address, username, password and country. Finnora Oy may also contact the user by email if required for some form of user service. When making a payment request, the user is required to provide payment information consisting of social security number, IBAN, BIC/SWIFT and income tax percentage. Finnora Oy will not store any payment information outside the time of handling the payment request.
7. The username and data collection statistics of the user can be publicly published by Finnora Oy both in the application and communication channels such as the company website and social media. Finnora Oy agrees to keep all other information provided by the user private and not transferred to any third parties, except for the delivery of videos, photos and their location data produced by the user to the clients and sending the payment information to the banks and tax authorities as needed.
8. The requirement to provide personal information to the application is based solely on this contract.
9. The information of the users will only be handled by the authorized person(s) within Finnora Oy, who is responsible for the matter in question, for example payments or tax notifications.
10. The legal basis of managing the payment information of the users is: (1) legal obligations to make tax declarations of the non-wage earnings paid to the users of the application; and (2) the right of the users to be paid for the objects they have collected or placed as per the description of the Crowdsorsa application in point 4 and 5.
11. The users are not employees of Finnora Oy in any way. The payments made to the users are not the same as wage payments. The payments are one-time non-wage payments that are paid according to the regulations of the target countries. Finnora Oy will take care of any notifications to the tax authorities of the target countries if required by law.
12. The user has no obligation to participate in the data collection after they have registered as a user of the application. If the user decides to participate, Finnora Oy does not require the user to follow certain hours or ways of collecting data, apart from the general guidelines and quality standards stated in the mission descriptions in the application.
13. Finnora Oy reserves no exclusivity with regards to the registered users work input.
14. Finnora Oy assumes no position of authority with respect to the users of the application. Finnora Oy does not instruct the users in the use of the application, other than what has been generally informed in the Crowdsorsa application and website.
15. Finnora Oy provides no paid leave to the users of the application, no equipment or materials for conducting the work, no office or other work place, and the users are free to use the application at their own discretion.
17. Finnora Oy uses the video, photo and location data produced by the user solely to survey infrastructure assets. The videos, photos and location data produced by the users are anonymized, delivered to a third-party system, and used only for inventory and analysis of infrastructure assets. The video and photo data is stored for at least 3 years to comply with the requirements of the clients.
18. The user of the application agrees to follow traffic rules and legislation applicable in the area where the user is when using the application. When collecting objects while driving, full attention of the user needs to be in driving as the application does not require attention from the user. When the user wants to plan for a new route, the vehicle needs to be stopped at a safe place according to traffic rules and legislation. The phone needs to be placed on a phone holder attached to the windshield or dashboard when collecting objects by car and to the handlebar when using a bicycle. Collecting or placing objects by foot does not require using a phone holder or any other additional equipment but the user still needs to ensure that the phone is held stable when recording video or taking a photo.
19. Finnora Oy will not take any responsibility whatsoever for traffic violations caused by the user. Finnora Oy will also take no responsibility for any accidents whatsoever that have occurred during the use of the application. The user of the application assumes full responsibility for traffic safety and any harm that may occur during the use of the application, whether caused by the user or a third party.
20. Finnora Oy will not take any responsibility for mistakes that may occur in the creation of data collection missions. Due to inaccurate road center line or other type of location data, the collectable objects may sometimes be located in areas which are not accessible to the users. The user agrees to follow the applicable traffic rules and legislation in these kinds of situations, and leave the objects uncollected if it is not possible to collect them safely or without breaking the traffic rules, legislation, or following the quality standards of the application.
21. If the user is speeding, or violates applicable traffic rules or legislation in any way while using the application, Finnora Oy reserves the right to deny payment from the user.
22. The user of the application needs to obtain insurances for traffic accidents in accordance with the relevant legislation in the location where they are using the application.
Terms & conditions
This website is operated by Crowdsorsa (auxiliary business name of Finnora Oy, company ID: FI26338181). We offer this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. By visiting our site and/or purchasing something from us, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions, including those additional terms, conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
Any new content, features or tools which are added to the current website shall also be subject to these Terms and Conditions. You can review the most current version of Terms and Conditions at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility to stay aware of the changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our shop’s payment transactions are handled by Stripe which accepts all the major credit and debit cards. Using Stripe you can pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Registering or having an account are not mandatory in order to make a purchase from us.
Prices & taxes
Prices in the shop are in euros and include Finnish VAT 24%.
Customers from non-EU countries are responsible for possible import customs and taxes. Please contact your local authorities regarding possible taxes.
We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes which may apply in respect of any or certain specified purchases made through our shop.
Shipping & delivery
Equipment (phone holders and polarizing lenses) shipments are made using Finnish Post and sent from our warehouse in Tampere, Finland.
Shipping rates and delivery times for equipment:
Finland 2.90€, 2-4 business days
Other countries 4.90€, 3-7 business days
Merchandise (T-shirts, mugs etc.) orders are fulfilled by our partner Printful and sent from their warehouse in Riga, Latvia or Barcelona, Spain.
Shipping rates and delivery times for merchandise vary based on your country and the items you order. Their shipping rates and estimated delivery dates can be seen on the checkout page.
Returns & refunds
Our shop’s refund policy lasts 14 days. To be eligible for a return, please let us know about it in 14 days from receiving your order. We recommend contacting us by email at email@example.com or by using our contact form. We will then instruct you with further actions.
Every returned item must be in the original packaging, unused and in the same condition that you received it. If items are returned to us in an unsuitable condition or other return requirements are not fulfilled, we may have to send them back to you or refund a smaller share of your payment.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your items. Shipping costs are non-refundable. Any postal service can be used. The parcel remains your responsibility until it arrives with us. Remember to ask for proof of postage, so if your parcel goes missing in the mail, you’ll have proof you’ve sent it.
When a refund is approved, a credit will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, usually within a week.
Defective, damaged (unless caused by you) or wrong (other than you ordered) items will be replaced. In these cases, the customer must inform us about it in a reasonable time to be able to have it replaced. This should be done preferably as soon as possible. You can do this by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our contact form. When using email, you can also attach a photo of the faulty item.
After you have contacted us we will be in touch with you to have your items replaced. If replacing your faulty item can’t be done by sending you a new piece of the item you originally ordered, you will have an option to get a refund or a different item. If we ask you to return the faulty item to us, we will refund the shipping costs.
Late or missing refunds
Be aware that there is often some processing time before a refund is completed. If it seems you haven’t received a refund after two weeks, please contact us at email@example.com or by using our contact form.
If you received what was ordered but still want to make an exchange to a different item, size or color, please return your unwanted items and place a new order. Please note that when making a return you will be responsible for the shipping costs.
You understand that your information (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or exploit any portion of our content, products or anything else related to our services without our written permission. You may not use our products or website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the email, phone number and/or billing address provided at the time the order was made.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate information for all purchases made at our store.
We collect some of your personal data typically when you make a purchase, use or register into our services or otherwise interact with us. This information is used for maintaining and managing our customer relationships, invoicing and statistical purposes.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We will not give, sell, rent or loan any personal information to any third party, unless we are legally required to do so, it is a necessary part of our service or you authorize us to do so.
Disclaimer of liability & warranties
The material displayed on this website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. We have made every effort to display the material, including website information, product descriptions, colors and images, as accurately as possible.
Our website may provide you with access to third-party tools or links over which we neither monitor nor have full or any control. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools and links without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of third-party tools and links. Complaints, claims, concerns or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party providers.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of our service will be accurate or reliable. You agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. Our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by the Finnish law. All disputes which cannot be solved by mutual agreement shall be solved in the district court of Pirkanmaa, Finland.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Crowdsorsa, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of the Terms and Conditions.
There may be information on our website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product or service descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping rates, delivery times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information and other material or cancel orders if any information is inaccurate at any time without notice (including after you have submitted your order).
Questions related to our Terms and Conditions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our contact form.
Crowdsorsa (auxiliary business name of Finnora Oy, company ID: FI26338181) is totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except if we are required by law or where it is part of providing a service to you, for example arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research and profiling or where we have your express permission to do so.
When you purchase something from our shop, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your data will be collected and used exclusively to process your order, including delivery and payment as well as to provide you of any other required service.
Even if you are only browsing our site and not making a purchase, we may still receive certain data from you, for example your IP address, browser information, date and time of visit, referral URL and the pages you visited on our site. This information is used to customize our site, improve the online experience and plan advertising and promotions.
There are times when you may provide information to us voluntarily, for example by phone or email. We use this information to respond to your query and to keep track of customer feedback.
We only send email marketing to our customers and to those who specifically sign up for our mailing list. They receive emails about our latest news, services, campaigns and other updates. They can unsubscribe from the email list whenever they want.
The website is intended for users who are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, a parental permission or consent is required. By agreeing to these terms and policies, you have the necessary legal capacity to comply and be bound by them.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. If you have signed up for our mailing list and wish to unsubscribe, please choose “unsubscribe” from within the email that you have received.
You may at any time exercise your right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated by contacting us. Please note that most of your personal data is used to provide you our products, services and information. Easiest way to contact us is emailing us at email@example.com or by simply using our contact form.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Once you leave our website or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by these terms and policies. Please note that third-party websites have their own policies and that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Only those staff members who need your personal information in order to provide customer service to you are given access to it through our website’s dashboard or CRM. Employees are provided with training and information regarding the proper handling of personal information.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information by placing an order in our shop, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Our payment processor, Stripe, has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website and it will recognize your device on future visits. Cookies do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences and chosen items so that we can display more relevant content to you and improve your site experience.
– Technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products
– Distinguish you from other users of this website so we can personalize your user experience by making this website more relevant to your interests
– Collect statistical information about the visitors and visits to the website so we can, for example, improve the way this website works and measure the success of campaigns
– Make relevant offers and content to you outside of the website
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, when visiting our website for the first time, you may either consent to the use of all cookies or visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent. Please note that certain cookies may be needed for the website to be able to run properly.
Your personal data is processed by Crowdsorsa (auxiliary business name of Finnora Oy, company ID: FI26338181), a company organized and existing under the laws of Finland.
Personal data file description
In accordance with section 10 of the Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999)
Data file controller
Crowdsorsa (auxiliary business name of Finnora Oy)
Business ID: FI26338181
Mutkakatu 9 A 1
Person responsible for data file matters
Name of the data file
Customer Register of Crowdsorsa
Purpose of the data file
Personal data is collected for the purposes of order processing, customer service, statistics and marketing. Crowdsorsa sees to that the principles of the protection of privacy and personal data legislation are followed. The data is processed carefully and in confidence.
Content of the data file
The data file may contain information such as name, company, address, email address, phone number and purchase history.
Regular sources of information
Data is acquired directly from the customers via company website or related social media channels, by email or phone or with the aid of data forms.
Personal data is collected only for Crowdsorsa and will not be transferred elsewhere unless required by law or as a necessary part of our service.
Storing and protection of the data file
The data of the file is kept for the duration of the customer relationship. However, the data regarding orders, invoicing and payment is kept as other material in the bookkeeping is kept. Unnecessary data is destroyed safely.
The data file is confidential and adequately protected against use by outside parties (firewalls and other technical measures). The data file can be accessed only by persons whose tasks require the processing of personal data in the file and who are subject to adequate confidentiality obligations. Use of the data file is protected by personal usernames and passwords. The data file is stored only electronically and occasional hard copies are promptly destroyed.
Right of access
In accordance with section 26 of the Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999), each data subject has the right of access to the personal data file in order to check what information concerning the data subject has been collected. All requests for access must be made in writing and sent signed to the contact person mentioned above.